The Three Musketeers
It is 1625 and France is under threat. D'Artagnan, a young nobleman, sets off to Paris to seek his fortune as a member of the King's Guard and befriends three musketeers - the mysterious Athos, ambitious and romantic Aramis, and bumbling Porthos. Together the friends must use all their guile and ingenuity to outwit the dastardly schemes of Cardinal Richelieu and the glamorous spy, Milady.
As fresh and entertaining today as when it was first written, Alexandre Dumas's The Three Musketeers is a gripping adventure story of daring sword fights, romances, espionage and murder.
This sensitively abridged Macmillan Collector's Library edition of The Three Musketeers features an afterword by playwright, screenwriter and actor, Peter Harness.
• Format Hardback | 688 pages
• Dimensions 99 x 157 x 34mm | 345g
• Publication date 03 Oct 2017
• Publisher Pan Macmillan
• Imprint Macmillan Collector's Library
• Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
• Language English
• Edition Abridged
• Edition Statement Reissue, Abridged