Shure Podcast Microphone USB & XLR
Inspired by the legendary SM7B, the MV7 is a dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs for use with computers and professional interfaces alike. Connect via USB and explore additional set-up features and Auto Level Mode within our ShurePlus™ MOTIV app, to control your vocal tone, and distance from the microphone. With Auto Level Mode, you can let the microphone do the work for you.
HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
Listen to the video and hear the MV7's Voice Isolation Technology in action, when compared to a built-in mic to a laptop or smartphone
We get it, not everybody is lucky enough to record in sound-treated studio, so the MV7 is equipped with Voice Isolation Technology so it’s laser-focused on your voice to give you a professional recording, without any background or room noise. Once recording, use the built-in 3.5mm headphone jack to monitor your sound and adjust mic gain, headphone volume, monitor mix and more using the built-in touch panel.
Don’t let the USB connection fool you; the MV7 is a professional dynamic microphone that is compatible with all professional interfaces via XLR if you’re recording in the studio.
Let Your Microphone Do The Work For You
If connected via USB, download our free ShurePlus™ MOTIV app for desktop, which gives you access to additional features on your MV7. Activate Auto Level Mode, select your preferred voice tone and distance from the microphone, and let the microphone adjust your level in real time for a consistent output, no matter if you’re recording or live streaming. Choose Manual Mode to have full control over your sound and adjust Mic Gain, Monitor Mix, EQ, Limiter, Compressor and more. With your level being constantly adjusted by the microphone to keep your sound consistent, you can spend more time creating, and less time editing. Let your microphone do the work for you.
Voice Isolation Technology
The MV7’s unique pick-up pattern keeps it laser-focused on your voice and prevents any unwanted background or room noise from interrupting your recording.
Integration With ShurePlus™ MOTIV Apps
Leave nothing to chance; configure and set up the microphone using the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app so that it’s best suited for you. Choose from Auto Level Mode if you want a ‘set it and forget it’ microphone, or Manual Mode if you want to get more hands-on with the features.
Customizable Sound Signature
Choose your sound and pick your voice tone from either ‘dark’, ‘natural’ or ‘bright’ within the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app. You can now get that deep ‘radio’ sound you’ve always wanted.
- 1 - Micro-B to USB-C Cable (10ft)
- 1 - Micro-B to USB-A Cable (10ft)
Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid)
- A/D Converter: 16 or 24-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Adjustable Gain Range: 0 to +36 dB
- XLR Sensitivity: -55 dBV/Pa (1.78 mV) at 1 kHz
- USB Sensitivity: -47 dBFS/PA at 1 kHz
- USB Max SPL: 132 dB SPL
- DSP Modes (Presets): Near/Far, Dark/Natural/Bright
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm (1/8")
- Power Requirements: Powered through USB or Lightning connector
- MFi Certified: Yes
- Software Compatibility: ShurePlus Motiv Audio, Video, and Desktop Apps
- XLR Output Impedance: 314 Ohms at 1 kHz
- Connector Type: Micro-B USB and XLR
- Mounting Type: 5/8"-27 thread mount
- Housing: All-metal construction
- Net Weight: 1.21 lbs
- Dimensions: Microphone: Length 53.6mm; Diameter 66.5mm; Mic in Yoke: 164x153.6 x 90.2mm H x L x D
- System Requirements: Windows 10 64 bit or MacOS 10.13 to 10.15 64 bit (Min 2GB of RAM, Min 500MB of hard disk space on either). iOS 12 and higher, iPhone 6 and higher, iPod Touch 6th gen. Android Oreo 8.0 and higher, USB Host Power Requirement of at least 100 mA, USB Audio Class 1.1 support and higher.
- Cable: Includes one 10-foot Micro-B to USB-A cable and one 10-foot Micro-B to USB-C cable